Document Packages are here to help save you time. They're a combination of commonly-used documents, forms and clauses, and can be customized and copied time and time again. Think of them as transaction kits: templates containing the same forms that you most commonly use in a deal, forever at-the-ready to use at a moment's notice.
Get to know the Document Packages section:
1. Click 'Doc Packages' in the left side menu.
2. Your DealTap account comes pre-loaded with several Document Packages, each containing a combination of forms that are commonly used together depending on the type of deal. These packages (and this article, for that matter) are here to serve as a starting point: we strongly recommend customizing your Document Packages to your own specific preferences.
3. Note that you can create a new Document Package from scratch by clicking '+Package'...
4. ...but for this example, click on the 'Buyer - Freehold' Package to open it. It contains an APS, a 105 (typically used for Schedule B's), a BRA, a Confirmation of Cooperation, an Offer Summary, Working with a REALTOR® and a pair of FINTRAC forms:
As you can see, this Document Package comes pre-filled with the most commonly used documents that REALTORS® use when representing the buyer of a freehold. This package, like any other, can be customized to your needs:
If you'd like to remove any one of these documents from the package, click the 'x'.
We've included a couple of FINTRAC forms to accommodate working with married/common-law couples as the buyers. You can always remove one of the two forms (or add more FINTRACs) when you use the Document Package later on. To add another document to the package, click 'Add Documents'.
Another item to note: you can order these documents in the order that you'd present them to your client. This can be done by simply dragging-and-dropping the documents until they're in the order you want.
Save even MORE time by customizing the forms in your packages:
Not only can you create various Document Packages so that you don't have to repeatedly gather specific forms for every new client - you can also customize the forms that make up your Document Packages to help save you even MORE time!
Let's use the 'Agreement of Purchase and Sale' (APS) for example: From the 'Buyer - Freehold' package, click 'Customize' next to the APS and start filling in the fields that typically contain the same info from deal to deal. Some examples of this include:
- The property dimensions being entered in feet
- Rental items: Does "HWT" sound familiar? :)
- HST being included in the purchase price
If your 'Schedule A' usually contains the same collection for clauses, you can fill it in here so that they're already part of your APS when you're generating an offer. Just click 'Add Clause' and select any individual clauses, or a 'Clause Kit' as outlined earlier. Note that now (or later) you can click on any clause and use the 'icon set' to edit (1), waive/amend/fulfill (2), save after editing (3), delete (4) or rearrange the clauses by moving them up or down (5):
Anything you enter into these fields can always be edited once you're using a Document Package for a deal.
One final thing to note: you can re-add fresh versions of the default, 'starter' packages by clicking the 'Add Default' button in the upper left:
To summarize, if you've got some real muscle-memory built up from entering the same information to the same fields over and over and over, chances are that adding it to the forms in your customized Document Package will save you a lot of time.