What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites store on your computer. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. With cookies, sites can:
- Keep you signed in.
- Remember your site preferences.
- Give you locally relevant content.
All browsers support the ability to enable or disable cookies.
- Click the "customize and control" button located on the right beside the address bar, from the menu, select "settings".
- On the settings screen, type in "cookies" in the search bar and select "content settings...".
- Change your preferred cookie settings, and click "done".
Enabling cookies in Firefox
- Click the "menu" button located on the right beside the address bar, from the menu, select "Preferences/Options".
- Click the "Privacy" menu item, and adjust your preferred cookies/history settings.
- Close the "preferences/options" tab.
Enabling cookies in Safari on an iPhone
- Tap the settings icon on the home screen.
- scroll down the settings screen to the "Safari" menu option.
- Go to the "Privacy & Security" section, tap "block cookies" and choose your preferred cookies setting.
- Exit settings, and return to safari browser.