What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites store on your computer. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. With cookies, sites can:
- Keep you signed in
- Remember your site preferences
- Give you locally relevant content
All browsers support enabling or disabling cookies.
- Click the "customize and control" button located on the right beside the address bar, from the menu, select "settings"
- On the settings screen, type in "cookies" in the search bar and select "content settings..."
- Change your preferred cookie settings, and click "done"
Enabling cookies in Firefox
- Click the "menu" button located on the right beside the address bar, from the menu, select "Preferences/Options"
- Click the "Privacy" menu item, and adjust your preferred cookies/history settings
- Close the "preferences/options" tab
Enabling cookies in Safari on an iPhone
- Tap the settings icon on the home screen
- scroll down the settings screen to the "Safari" menu option
- Go to the "Privacy & Security" section, tap "block cookies" and choose your preferred cookies setting
- Exit settings, and return to safari browser