DealTap has all the standard OREA clauses at your fingertips so that you can easily include them in your documents, and we always keep these clauses up-to-date so you don't have to! You can also upload your own clauses (or any from your brokerage) into this section and keep them organized using folders and sub-folders. Any and all clauses in your Clause Library can be added to your documents with just a couple of clicks.
Get to know the Clause Library:
1. Click 'Clause Library' in the left side menu.
2. OREA's clauses are all organized within the 'OREA' folder. In order to maintain the integrity of these clauses, the contents of this folder cannot be edited, hence the 'Read Only' permissions.
3. You can upload your own clauses (called 'Custom Clauses') into DealTap by clicking the 'Clause' button.
Adding and organizing your own Clauses:
Adding your own clauses is easy: after clicking the 'Clause' button, you can give your clause a title (you'll be using this to pull it up later for inclusion in your documents), paste your clause into the 'Clause Content' field and click 'Save'. You can add as many custom clauses as you want!
You can also create as many folders for your clauses as you want. This will be particularly useful if:
- You've got a number of clauses from your brokerage that you need to include in your documents
- You're looking to save time by creating 'Clause Kits', allowing you to add several clauses to a document all at once
To create a new folder, simply click the 'Folder' icon near the top of the page. There's no limit to the number of folders and sub-folders you can create, as long as it's not within the read-only OREA section.
Clause Kits can save you a lot of time. If you generally use the same handful of clauses (depending on the type of deal) then you can group these clauses together so that they can be added to your documents in just a couple of clicks.
In this example, let's say that I use the same five clauses when I'm submitting an offer on a freehold. I can create a new folder in my Clause Library and call it 'Clause Kit: Buyer - Freehold':
Then I can make copies of the OREA clauses that I'd like to include in this folder:
When I'm done, my 'Clause Kit' folder will look something like this:
Later, when I'm filling in an APS, rather than adding these clauses one-by-one, I can add them all at once:
Again, you can create as many different folders and 'Clause Kits' for as many different situations as you wish! Hopefully, this gives you some ideas of how to customize your DealTap account to save you time.